Not all areas are suitable for installing gates or barriers. Traffic bollards can be installed almost anywhere. They provide a visually stunning and effective way of stopping unauthorised vehicle access and preventing ram-raids. Our range of automatic, semi-automatic and static traffic bollards are made with high quality components to ensure exceptional performance. At Automated Access Control we have a wealth of experience supplying and installing traffic bollards throughout Scotland. All our traffic bollard installations are risk assessed and comply with all current HSE standards.
Suitable for domestic, commercial and industrial use, they are also ideal for perimeter security around sensitive buildings, and regulating traffic and pedestrians in town and city centres. There are three main types of traffic bollard:
- Automatic Traffic Bollard
- Using a control panel or remote control, the traffic bollard fully retracts into the ground at a push of a button.
- Semi-Automatic Traffic Bollard
- Ideal for areas which are difficult to wire, such as historical town centres. The semi-automatic traffic bollard doesn’t require a power source. It’s key operated and automatically lifts from the ground using a gas operator. To lower the bollard the same key is used by pressing down on the top.
- Fixed Traffic Bollard
- This does not require electrical wiring or extensive installation work so is ideal for permanent traffic control such as defining pedestrian areas. They also work well as part of a mixed installation of fixed and automatic bollards.
Automatic Retractable Bollards
We supply and professionally install a wide range of automatic retractable bollards. At the press of a button the bollards will silently and smoothly descend into their below ground casing. All our automatic bollards are available in a range of materials, designs and colours. They provide a visually stunning method of restricting vehicle access especially where other barriers aren’t suitable.
Fully installed to current HSE standards, our automatic retractable bollards are fitted with safety devises, such as an emergency mechanical release mechanism.
High Security & Anti-Terror Bollards
We have a wide range of anti-terror traffic bollards specifically designed to protect high security and sensitive areas and buildings. Depending of the level of security required, some of these bollards can withstand impact from a 7,500 kg lorry travelling at 50 mph (80 kph) ensuring the safety of the people and buildings within the secured area.
Our anti-terror traffic bollards are locked in the raised position even in the event of a power cut. An EFO (Emergency Fast Operation) version is available for a very fast rise in an emergency. Also, if underground utilities will cause a problem with deep ground excavations, we have shallow mounted bollards requiring very low excavation depth.
Our high security bollards are tested and certified to at least one of the following standards:
- ASTM F 2656-07 American standard
- PAS 68:2013
- IWA 14-1:2013
Automated Access Control have a wealth of experience supplying and installing high security and anti-terror bollards, all complying to the relevant safety standards.